Friday, February 02, 2007

Qumana and DUN

It is pretty common for me to use DUN (dial up networking) on my Treo 650 to connect to the Internet via bluetooth. It is a handy tool to use when I'm on the road and there is no available Internet connectivity.


DUN on a Treo 650 is SLOW. It can take forever for pages to render, some pages don't load quite right, and the connection is fraught with disconnects. This can make for an extraordinarily frustrating experience.


Qumana can't do anything for me by way of Web based email, but it should allow me to post with relative ease to, currently, the two blogs that I run. Shortly, I will start blogging for the Second Life Non Profits that are setting up a non-profit commons and providing office space for non-profits. Given that I heavily cross post between my sites, this should allow me to engage all the sites I work on in a pretty seamless way.


What does this have to do with the Treo? I am going to have to see how quick and painless composing off line will be and then posting using a slow, sketchy connection to my cell phone. That is what this post is all about.

Tags: , , ,


Powered by Qumana


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?