Saturday, February 03, 2007

Montana Performing Arts Consortium

CROSSPOSTED FROM IMAGESPACE--ARTS AND WEB 2.0


Last night I did a little presentation for the Montana Peforming Arts Consortium (MPAC) in Great Falls, MT.  I arrived late yesterday afternoon to a remarkably cold day.  La Quinta, in Great Falls, had tried to order a cab for me.  For what ever reason, Diamond Cab didn't send a car.  So it was at least 45 minutes until I had a lift to the hotel.  I actually shared the cab with two very nice gentlemen who comprise a duet called "Men of Worth."


After arriving at the hotel, a very nice young woman ordered me a second cab.  Despite the Civic Center being less than a half mile away, I didn't relish a walk in ankle deep snow with arctic temperatures.  That cab never came either--HELLO DIAMOND CAB--and it turns out it is the only cab company in town.  It seems to me that there might be room for a little competition.


I presented TourWest for about an hour to a group of 30 or so staffers of about 10 presenting organizations and representives, agents, and artists.  Mostly I was covering the requirements of the grant--but I also talked a bit about the technology behind the TourWest application--CultureGrants Online(tm) Basic.


When I got back to the hotel, I flopped myself down on the bed only to find a razor blade on the top cover.  I brought it down to the front desk.  They were suitably aghast.  My opinion is "no harm, no foul" but I did want them to know about it.  This morning when I checked out, I found that the manager had covered the cost of my room and had an explanation.  They are changing out windows and the workers are using the blades to take stickers off the windows.  I think that the staff at La Quinta did a good job of making things right.


Tags: , , ,


Powered by Qumana



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?