Friday, February 02, 2007

Blogger and Qumana--one nit

CROSSPOSTED FROM IMAGESPACE--ARTS AND WEB 2.0


This isn't a flaw in Qumana.  It isn't a flaw with Blogger either.  When I post to my Drupal site, the process is seamless.  I type in the Qumana screen, edit, spell check, link, embed.  The process is slick and quick.  In many ways it is a better experience than typing into the blog itself.  This morning, when I connected via DUN, and posted my previous entry it was lightning fast even on the Treo 650.  In other words, I think that Qumana will ultimately make me more efficient.  I may well load it onto my iMac at home as well as the portable I carry for work.


So where is the nit?  With Blogger, they have a spam blog detector.  That is to say, if an application tries to interface with it to post something, it automatically sets it to draft.  A window, bigger than the 15" on this MacBook Pro, pops up announcing that there was an error and you need to manually post your entry.  It also gives a link to have your blog reviewed by a human being to remove the block.


I laud Blogger for helping control spam.  I also know that this is a minor irritation.  I hope that Blogger finishes reviewing my site soon.


Tags: , , ,


Powered by Qumana



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?