Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sprint and Insurance

CROSSPOSTEDED FROM IMAGESPACE--ARTS AND WEB 2.0

Today I dropped my Treo 650 today at work. The display shattered leaving large grey areas oozing through out the front LCD. It is times like this that I am glad we bought insurance from our phones. We pay $3 per month (although I think it is going to raise up to $4 shortly) and it covers accidental damage to the phone. My Treo 600 died and they upgraded me for free to the 650. Now with a cracked screen, they had it repaired in an hour.

Given that I would have to upgrade to a 700 now and that a 700 runs $300, if I make use of the insurance ONCE in 75 months--or 6.25 years, the insurance has paid for itself. I have used it twice in the last two years.

So, if you are considering buying insurance at Sprint--look at the value of your phone and make a guess as to whether you might need to use it within the value of the phone. It has been a great deal for me.

 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?