Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Battery Update

CROSSPOSTED FROM IMAGESPACE--ARTS AND WEB 2.0

Yesterday I submitted a request for a new battery for my work laptop, a Macbook Pro. The serial number it fell under indicated it could be defective and it was covered under the Apple exchange program. Indeed, I had experienced shorter battery life and then the machine would spontaneously shut down (presumably to the lack of charge) even when the battery indicated it had 60 minutes or more life in it. Finally, over the long weekend, it failed completely. The battery failed to charge at all and contained 0% charge.

Well, much to my suprise, a new battery arrived today, less than 24 hours after the request was put into the Apple site. While I was not happy that Apple failed to be pro-active in contacting the owners of these computers, I am very happy with how responsive the company was in replacing the battery. The old battery is happily boxed up and on its way back to California.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?