Monday, November 13, 2006

Why Broadband Matters

When I’m on the road, broadband matters. I like to work in my hotel room—business centres suck for so many reasons. I use Skype as a soft phone to keep in touch with programmers, colleagues at work, and my family. Within North America it is free to make calls using Skype.

Why do I dislike business centres?

1) Insecure
2) They can be non-private
3) You are stuck using their software if no open Internet connections are provided

So many of the systems I work with are Internet based allowing me to work pretty much anywhere I happen to be, but I am STUCK if I don’t have an Internet connection, and dialup just doesn’t cut it.

Broadband matters because it keeps you in touch and allows you to be productive.

Comments:
I went with Sprints Air Card...incredible. Never with out Broadband and it's very secure. Recomment it with a Home Wireless Router as well...entire home is on it with 5 computers synced in an open SSL Network...it was tech-NOT simple to install.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?