Thursday, November 02, 2006

Nine Videos on Revver

Nine videos that I had on Revver were attracting way too many clicks. I suspect that someone or several someones may have syndicated my content and then went click crazy. Because it is the owner's account that is penalised, it seems like a great way for unsavoury, nasty, evil, scum to engage in fraud with impunity.

Anyway, they have been off line for about a week. I have re-uploaded them to the Revver system and we'll see what happens. Needless to say, I have become much more attentive to my click-per-view ratio. I watch like a hawk.

The one problem with this is that you have to monitor from Classic because the new version of Revver doesn't have the same kinds of tools to be able to monitor carefully. And woe betide those that don't keep an eye on the content they own.

This really brings up a question as to whether a service like Revver is right for a non-profit that relies on content being there within a mashup. The truth is, the larger the number of videos you have the more painful it is if you get into trouble.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?