Thursday, November 09, 2006

How to HOSE Drupal For Dummies

I was looking for a good "cloud" widget or script for my blog. For those of you who don't know what a cloud is, when you see linked tags on a page where the font sizes range from really small to really big it is called a cloud. It gives you a sense of which keywords are the most used, most clicked, and so forth. It is a pretty cool visual clue/cue for your users.

I found, what I thought would be, a really good wee script for technocrati users and rather than READ carefully, gleefully installed it into the "block" feature in Drupal. I intiated it and BLAMMO!



HOSE CITY.

So I went back and read. Not only did I use the wrong script for Drupal, I also neglected to include an api key. So, no access to the back end to fix the problem.

A buddy at Brownrice, my Web host, is going to go the backup and recover the last backup for me.

It is a reminder that you really ought to read before loading things into software higgledy piggledy. It also has me thinking I might start doing a backup myself locally so I can experiment, screw up, and not have to find a friend to fix things for me.

Oh well, THANKS OBAN. I'm looking forward to having my site back.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?