Monday, November 27, 2006

Flickr Groups

THIS IS CROSS POSTED FROM IMAGESPACE--ARTS AND WEB 2.0

I’ve started playing with Flickr Groups. Groups are kind of like sets—the difference being a group is a set with many participants. Groups allow common tagging and a common place to post images that you have in your main photostream and in your sets. Groups are another way to cross post your content. They allow for forum-like discussions and comments.

I’ve created a few groups (LOTS of sets) and joined a few. What I noticed immediately was that my views increased pretty significantly in a short period of time. I think I will start listing my web address as a keyword on every image that I post and see if that starts an increase in traffic to this blog.

If you are a Flickr user, drop me a note with your Flickr ID. I’ll add you as a contact. Mine is saunderm.rm.

Comments:
What's your take on how arts organizations might use flickr?

BTW, I moderate a group on NTEN email group on flickr and nonprofits. Come join.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?