Thursday, October 05, 2006

Flickr Pro

As I posted a few days ago, Revver paid me some ad revenue. Yesterday I used a portion of that to pay for a pro account on Flickr. Why did I want to go from a free account to paying for an account? First off, the free account only allows the latest 200 images you have uploaded. The paid account allows unlimited number of images and 2 gigs of transfer a month—for all intents and purposes unlimited transfers. This is for $25 a year. A steal if you ask me.

Over the last two days I have uploaded in excess of 2000 images which I now need to finish categorizing and determine which images will be public and which images I will keep private for friends and family. Flickr allows you to filter your images by allowing them to be public, allowing friends to see them, or allowing only family access. Using tagging and setting up virtual photo albums you can effectively develop an extremely powerful filing system. Using the free version only allows you to set up three virtual albums.

You can create shared spaces that will allow others to use similar tags to create a dynamic album of shared images.

Cool stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?