Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Drupal

I think the days of using blogger are almost done. I have been playing with Drupal, an open source content management tool. It is an amazing little database that does everything blogger does and WAY more. There are hundreds of plugins that increase the utility of the application. It is a great tool. My experimentation is based on WESTAF's desire to make use of pre-existing tools and creating "mashups" of different Web 2.0 offerings. In the end it will provide our clients with greater levels of functionality and lower prices.

I think I will be transitioning my own online presence to this new tool soon. Not only is it a tool with more functionality, but I will be making greater use of the domain we have owned since the mid-1990s.

dogstar.org

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?