Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Revver--First Payment Today

Today Revver transfered my first payment to our paypal account. It just kind of happened. They have made the process so very simple.

I have started documenting the results I get from videos with different content and lengths. I have uploaded 64 clips so far, and from what I can tell the shorter the clip, the more likely it is to get click throughs. When you see the total number of views associated with a video, it only really reflects the number of people who have STARTED watching the video. In order to see the true number of follow throughs you need to go to your account. Unfortunately your account only shows your top five performers. However, if you take note of the number of your video -- For example when you go to My Videos, you can find the number by looking at the URL

http://www.revver.com/upload/1/57515/view/

and 57515 is the video number.

Then, by pasting it at the end of http://www.revver.com/account/video/ you can view the stats for each of your videos, even the poor performers. I have found it VERY enlightening. My videos that have made the most money do not have the most number of starts, in fact they have fairly low starts--but there is follow through by the user at the end.

My most recent videos include two kind of creepy experiments--I'd like to see how a radical change in content type affects my numbers. If you're interested...view them below (but not in the dark!)


"Moon"


"Nightmare"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?