Tuesday, September 19, 2006

ReplayTV and the Fall Season

One of my favourite features of ReplayTV which I only really end up using 2 or 3 times a year is found in ReplayZones. It searches for all the season premieres. It makes it very easy to program what you want to watch for the season. Very cool.

I’m also watching one of the summer series Kyle XY on my laptop on the airplane right now. We recorded the season when they had a marathon and then last night I downloaded it via DVArchive to my laptop.

It still seems like the ReplayTV hardware line STILL has the best software, best third party apps, best networkability. I don’t hold out any hope that there will ever be a HiDef version. It seems that DNNA is only working on a soft DVR that only deals with standard def TV.

All in all, I’ll be keeping our ReplayTVs going as long as I can, replacing hard drives as they fail and, I’m guessing, eventually using WiRNS to get guide data into the boxes.

Comments:
Kyle XY? Dude...
 
It was amusing and better than quite a lot of TV out there, especially for summer fare.

It was definately had less dimension than something like 24 and I thought some of the themes and language perhaps didn't belong on the "Family Channel".
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?