Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Revver

Today I started messing around with Revver to figure out some of the basics of Video Blogging. I already knew about YouTube having written about the service in the past. Revver has a really good advertising sharing model where both the content owner and Revver enjoy an equal share of revenue. In fact, within a few minutes of my posting my first video (see my previous post) I had had earned a whopping $0.45.

Using Revver is as simple as

1) signing up--takes 45 seconds.
2) downloading the upload client--about a minute on broadband.
3) uploading content--I used unedited content that was filmed with digital still cameras

Revver authenticates who you are when you launch the upload client. Just drag and drop your content to the client.

If it amuses you to see my first experiments, you can access them HERE. If I produce any decent content, I'll also post it on the blog here.

Another interesting way Revver works is to allow you to syndicate OTHER people's content allowing you to monetize content you think is cool. Content like this:




Thanks to Kris Krug for suggesting this tool during my recent visit to Vancouver.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?