Monday, August 28, 2006

Creating Content for Revver

Since the 23rd I have been generating video shorts for Revver. My wife has been joking that she isn’t a football widow (to say I don’t watch much football would be an understatement) but she is a Revver widow. My main computer is in the family room, so it isn’t like I’m not around the family but I must admit that I’ve been pretty engrossed for the last few days.

Creating content can be amazingly simple. I am using iMovie. I’ve been using both footage taken from my our video camera and footage taken from a still digital camera that can shoot video clips.

1) I take video footage from the video camera and import it into iMovie. If I’ve taken content using a digital camera I will often re-encode it using ReplayToGo which employs StreamClip to resize and change a video’s format.

2) I’ll pull the clips I want to use into the workspace on iMovie.

3) I add transitions and most recently a title.

4) Share the file and encode it as if I were going to make a Video CD

5) Upload it to Revver using the Revver upload client.

It is seriously that easy. Clips that you upload automatically show up up front, at least for a short time, giving you initial play time.

I would LOVE to see Revver’s traffic logs to try and figure out what times would be the best to have a video initally posted to get the most sets of eyes.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?