Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sid Meier's Civilization IV



For the last several days, I've been playing this game--it was recently ported over to the Mac--Civ IV. I've played previous versions, and like its predecesors it is addictive. The first time I ever played Civ, was back in Ottawa at a friend's house. I was hanging out over a weekend and he needed to go to work. I ended playing for 10 hours straight. It was engrossing.

This new version has great graphics and, it seems to me, takes the strategy one step further. It seems (and I've only played 3/4 of one game so far) that religion has taken a central role in this version.

If you are looking for a pretty darn addictive computer game, like strategy, and have enjoyed any other Sid Meier's games this one is a keeper.




I am nearly 37 years old. I grew up in the cartoon and video game generation. While I am deeply committed to the traditional arts like theatre, visual arts, dance, and music--this underlies the challenges that the traditional arts are facing. I spent money on a game which I am becoming quite enamoured with. The arts community need to embrace the gaming industry as an arm of the creative economy. A good video game IS a work of art.


Comments:
Nice to discover you! YOu've got to come and check out the Nonprofits in Second Life!
 
Thanks Beth. I wondered what you were up to, so looked you up in LinkedIN. I hadn't logged into my account in quite some time. I was pleased to find you so active in the blog-o-sphere and, I might add, not suprised at all. Lets re-connect soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?