Wednesday, October 12, 2005

New iMac G5

By using My ReplayTVs and DVArchive and VideoLanClient I've been using my iMac from day one as a TV. At least as a mechanism to watch TV. Throw in a portable firewire drive and my laptop is a portable entertainment system when I'm on planes. I've caught up on more TV that way.


Introducing the new iMac. It has a remote control and can use video content from iTunes--shows that you've missed for example--as a video on demand machine. Now while the new iPod is pretty cool, this is cooler I think. It comes with a remote even. IF they had included a TV tuner and set it up with something like the software for Elgato's EyeTV they would have had a killer machine. So many people set up their own Home Theatre Computers using MythTV for example. This could have hit that niche so easily, especially in the student market where a student might not have the room for both a TV and computer.

I think that they just missed the boat by a hair.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?