Saturday, June 25, 2005

Day 1 in Nova Scotia

After getting up pretty late, Paula and I got ourselves out the door. Our luggage still hadn't arrived, but we figured that we best make what we could of the day. Whenever we go on vacation, we always seem to use the first full day to get acclimated. We pretty much never do anything too intense. Today we walked down to the pier and wandered to Pier 21 where over a million immigrants were processed to become landed immigrants between 1926 and 1971. I know for certain that my father was processed there when he came to Canada to attend Queens University in Kinsgton Ontario.


At the Pier.



Tug Boats.



A Little Light House.



Pier 21.


We are planning on going to the Citadel tomorrow which is much like the living museum, Old Fort Henry, that my father worked at as a young man and I did too in the late 80's.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?